Helping yourself (to be translated)
These resources are general and not tailored to your individual needs therefore we recommend you always do the following before using any of these resources.
- Watch or read the resource fully before using. You should consider whether you feel it meets your needs and whether you are confident that it is within your capabilities. If you do not feel it is, then you should try something that you do feel
- If you are following a class for the first time we would recommend building up to the full class gradually. You should pause the video and take rests when you need to.
- Ensure that your environment is clear of obstacles and that you have enough space to exercise safely.
- Arrange a stable surface for extra support if you think you might need one. It is important to always wear comfortable, supportive shoes when exercising.
- It is normal to feel some muscle stiffness the following day if you have done more activity than you are used to, this will reduce the more you exercise. If, however, you experience pain, dizziness or severe shortness of breath whilst exercising,
you should stop.
You are not alone. Many people are put off by the thought of traditional exercise. If this is you, start by thinking what ACTIVITIES you enjoy and the small ways you can build more movement into your everyday routine.
Every movement counts.
Many online videos are now available. All these videos are designed for people with Neurological conditions.
Cardiff and Vale UHB videos
Chair based sessions
Moderate intensity sessions
High Intensity sessions
- Arm stretching
- Neck stretching and Shoulder control
- Leg stretching lying down
- Leg stretching sitting down
- Leg stretching standing
Charity based videos