Caesarean Section (to be translated)
Caesarean section is major surgery to the abdominal wall, and it is important therefore to pace yourself back to normal activity, allowing your body time to recover and heal.
Advice for immediately post surgery can be found in the Caesarean Section Advice leaflet.
Post Caesarean Section Advice
- Take it easy for 6 weeks
- Avoid lifting anything heavier than your baby
- Avoid any activity that causes strain, e.g. prolonged lifting
- Remember “little and often” and increase activity gradually
- No driving for 4-6 weeks
- Gentle abdominal exercises
- Start pelvic floor exercises
- Support wound with hands when coughing, laughing or sneezing