ESCAPE Health Questionnaires
Patient Reported Outcome Measures (PROMs)
PROMs are health questionnaires that are designed to capture how you are feeling from your own perspective.
- By registering with “My Clinical Outcomes” (MCO) and answering the questionnaires when prompted. Some of your follow up questionnaires will be sent through this way.
- ALSO by completing 2 additional online forms – PAM and ESCAPE pain survey – for those questions not covered by “My Clinical Outcomes.”
Please complete the questionnaires in all the links below.
Codes for Escape Classes
- Eastern Leisure Centre
- Western Leisure Centre
- Fairwater Leisure Centre
- Cardiff and Vale Virtual
- Penarth Leisure Centre
- Barry Leisure Centre
Registering with My Clinical Outcomes
When registering with “My Clinical Outcomes”, please register with your Name, Date of Birth and NHS Number. Your NHS number can be found at the top of any letters from the hospital.
As part of the registration process, you will also be asked to choose your clinical condition and associated treatments from the options provided, these are:
- Hospital/clinic: Select your local hospital nearest to where you live
- Consultant: Select “MSK consultant”
- Medical speciality: Select “Musculoskeletal (MSK) services”
- Problem area: Select either “Hip arthritis”, “Knee arthritis”, “Back pain” or Persistent MSK pain’ (for any other problems)
- Are you currently having treatment? Select “Yes”
- What is/was your main treatment? Select ”ESCAPE”
Once registered, a reminder email or text message will be sent to you when you are next required to log in and complete a new questionnaire- this is important to provide information about your ‘health status’ to your clinical team. You can also see your own progress.
If you are unable to fill in the questionnaires, you may be asked to complete this at your appointment. Please get in touch with the team if you have any questions.
On occasion some people may not be able to complete the questionnaires themselves. This could be for a number of reasons but the programme would like all patients to be included and therefore we must endeavour to support anyone who is not able to complete the questionnaire.
If you are unable to complete the questionnaire please consider the following:
- Do you have a family member, friend, carer or neighbour who can help you to complete the questionnaire?
- Are you a member of, or do you have access to, any support groups whereby someone in that group may be able to help you to complete the questionnaire?
If there is someone who will be able to assist you in completing the questionnaire, please be advised that the information and views you provide should be your own and not those of the person assisting you.
If you are still unable to complete the questionnaire after you have considered the above, please be reassured that this will not delay your appointment or impact on the care you will receive.
If you should experience any difficulties in accessing the “My Clinical Outcomes” questionnaire, please email Livewell.Program.Cav@wales.nhs.uk