The Women’s Health Physiotherapy Team specialises in a wide range of obstetric and gynaecological issues.
Women’s Health Physiotherapy may be able to help with:
- Pelvic floor weakness
- Perineal pain
- Perineal wound breakdown or infection
- Pregnancy related hip, back, pelvic girdle pain
- Separation of abdominal muscles
Services we offer
- Antenatal & postnatal exercise classes
- Continence assessment and treatment
- Advice and education
- Pelvic floor assessment and rehabilitation
- Musculoskeletal assessment and treatment
- Information / education classes
- Perineal wound or haematoma treatment
We accept referrals from GPs, Consultants, Health Visitors, Continence Services,
other Therapists and Midwives.
In order to get the best out of your treatment, we ask our patients to do the following:
- Adhere to prescribed exercise regime
- Complete necessary charts & forms
- Adhere to attendance policy (see below)
- Complete a full course of treatment
- Communicate any issues or concerns regarding your treatment with your Physiotherapist
Attendance / Discharge Policy
In-order to keep appointment waiting lists as short as possible, Cardiff & Vale UHB’s Patient Access Policy states that:
- If you do not attend your appointment you must contact the department on the same day to avoid being discharged.
- If you cancel two appointments or do not re-book within a month of cancelling, you will be discharged.
This policy applies to individual and class treatment sessions.
If you have any questions regarding this attendance protocol then please speak to a member of staff who will be happy to discuss it with you.