Welsh Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Centre
The Welsh Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Centre is based at the University Hospital Llandough. The Spinal Injuries Unit is one of twelve designated units in the UK. Patients are admitted to the unit from South, Mid and West Wales.
The centre provides in-patient rehabilitation for adults with a spinal cord injury due to various reasons including trauma, medical conditions and post surgical.
Patients are admitted to the centre for rehabilitation once they have completed the acute stage of their injury and are ready to take part in an intensive rehabilitation programme which includes:
- Multi-Disciplinary team rehabilitation from Occupational Therapists and Physiotherapists
- Nursing input including bladder and bowel management and pressure area management
- Medical support from a consultant in rehabilitation medicine
- Psychological support from a clinical psychologist
- Educational events and links to external support agencies
University Hospital Llandough, Penlan Road. Llandough. CF64 2XX
Appropriate patients can be referred to the Welsh Spinal Cord Injury Rehabilitation Centre via their consultant via the National Spinal Cord Injury Database.