Children’s Dietetic Service
The Children’s Dietetic Service works with children, their families, education staff, other health professionals and community settings to support children to meet their nutritional and health requirements.
We work with children, their families and carers of children aged from birth through to the end of their full-time education.
We aim to provide practical advice and support to empower people within the child’s support network to develop healthy eating habits. We support children, their families and carers where nutrition and special diets can be part of their treatment, for example with food allergies. We also support children where specialist nutritional intervention is needed for example where children have difficulties with oral feeding.
What support is available to you in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan?
Active Families, Active Lives
Nutrition for Your Little One
- For children with a suspected Cow’s Milk Protein Allergy we have developed some videos that may be of help.
- Our videos will help with introducing your baby to solid foods.
- Faddy eating can be common in young children. Our advice page includes top tips to help your child eat a balanced diet, enjoy food and contribute towards a happy mealtime.
- Eating well in pregnancy is especially important to help ensure the health of you and your baby. We have published a series of videos that share simple steps to help you on your way.
- Eating a healthy and balanced diet plays an important role in looking after our own health, wellbeing and maintaining physical activity. Here are some great recipes to support you to eat well and get cooking.
If you are concerned about your child’s nutrition and weight please seek medical advice.
Tel: 02920 668089