Podiatry is a field of healthcare devoted to the study and treatment of disorders of the foot and ankle in both adults and children. Our team of podiatrists provide assessment, advice, guidance and where necessary treatment to help with your foot problems. We work with you to help you improve your foot health.
At your first appointment your condition will be assessed and an appropriate course of treatment will be agreed which may consist of advice, a short course of treatment or in some cases more prolonged care. We involve you every step of the way.
All our podiatrists are professionally registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This organisation keeps a register of health and care professionals including Podiatrists who meet the necessary standards for their training, professional skills, behaviour and health. Check the Register and find a registered health and care professional.
Referral to Podiatry
Referrals are received from:
- GPs, Specialist Consultants and other Health Care Professionals.
- Inpatient hospital referrals are received via e-Advice and Communications platform.
- Direct from patients via a self-referral form.
If you are unable to attend:
- Please contact us so that we can offer this appointment to someone else
- Failure to attend an appointment may result in you being discharged from Podiatry
- Please contact the podiatry service on 02920 335135, Email Podcav@wales.nhs.uk
Monday to Friday 9am – 12pm and 1.30pm – 4pm