Podiatry is a field of healthcare devoted to the treatment of foot and ankle disorders in both adults and children.

 At Cardiff and Vale University Health Board, our team of  Podiatrists provide assessment, advice, guidance and where necessary treatment to help with your foot problems. 

Podiatrist checking lady's feet

At your first appointment your condition will be assessed and an appropriate course of treatment will be agreed which may consist of advice, a short course of treatment or in some cases more prolonged care.  We involve you every step of the way. 

All our Podiatrists are professionally registered with Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC). This organisation keeps a register of Health and Care Professionals including  Podiatrists who meet the necessary standards for their training, professional skills, behaviour and health. Check the Register and find a registered health and care professional.

We work with you to help you improve your foot health

Our team of Podiatrists from Cardiff and the Vale University Health Board have put together a wealth of information and advice on foot and ankle conditions, self-care exercises and self-help aids to support you as you care for your feet.  

Before contacting the Podiatry service or in the period before seeing a Podiatrist, we recommend finding out what you can do to help care for your feet. Click the buttons below to find out more.

Referral to Podiatry

  • GPs, Specialist Consultants and other Health Care Professionals.
  • Inpatient hospital referrals are received via e-Advice and Communications platform. 
  • Patients using a self-referral form. Call 02920 335135 to receive a form.

If you are unable to attend:

  • Please contact us so that we can offer this appointment to someone else.
  • Failure to attend an appointment may result in you being discharged from Podiatry.
  • Please contact the Podiatry service on 02920 335135, Email Podcav@wales.nhs.uk

Monday to Friday 9am – 12noon  and 13.30pm – 16.00pm

If you have a problem which does not improve as you would expect with self-care, you should contact a healthcare professional for advice. This may be your GP, Pharmacist, NHS Podiatry Service or a Private Podiatrist. 

Please make sure your Podiatrist is registered with the Health and Care Professions Council and look out for the letters HCPC after their name. 

Keeping Me Well - Cardiff and Vale University Hospital

Help us improve Keeping Me Well!

We’re currently working to improve the Keeping Me Well website. If you’d like to help us make this site a better, more helpful experience for you, please take a few minutes to let us know what improvements you’d like to see.

Skip to content