- Combined manual and exercise therapies
- Psychologically informed rehabilitation
- Motivational interviewing
- Behavioural change
CAVUHB is committed to providing high value, effective and efficient treatments. Everything we offer has been shown to be safe and effetive. We use national and international guidelines to inform which treatments we offer – for example NICE and OARSI
Newer treatments which are yet to be fully tested will be offered only as part of an appropriate research trial. When we have a trial running we will ensure that you are offered to join, fully informed and consent to participation.
Interventions we are unable to offer
Any treatments have been shown to be either unsafe or ineffective are not offered by CAVUHB. The guidelines refer to these as ‘Do not Do’s’ or ‘interventions not normally in use’. Whilst these may be offered by other providers they will not be available through the CAVUHB Physiotherapy until they are considered safe and effective.
- We do not offer acupuncture or injection therapy for non-specific low back pain
- We do not offer massage as a standalone treatment – only as part of a rehabilitation package