Our MSK Specialist Physiotherapists
Our staff are all HCPC registered chartered Physiotherapists, all of whom will have a BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy qualification and many will have post graduate training to MSc and PhD Level.
We work in teams where our Consultants, Clinical leads and Clinical specialists are trained experts in MSK diagnosis and treatment, with a wide range of skills and capabilities, including:
- Specialist MSK consultations
- Specialist physical examination
- Request appropriate tests and imaging
- Explanations, education and understanding
- Exercise therapy
- Manual therapies (such as manipulation and mobilisation)
- Rehabilitation strategies, such as pacing and graded exposure
- Psychologically informed rehabilitation such as cognitive behavioural based therapy
- Injection therapy
- Non-medical prescribing for some medications
Our specialists run clinics where they support our junior colleagues, so you will be in safe hands throughout our service.
We work closely with many other services to fulfil our ambition of a holistic service. Whether this is colleagues in the charity sector, leisure, National exercise referral or our therapy (podiatry, dietetics, occupational therapy, psychology) and medical (GP’s, rheumatologists, orthopaedic surgeons, pain teams) colleagues in the health service.
We will often operate alongside them in multidisciplinary teams for our most complex interventions.