Cheats Christmas Dinner
Total Time: 10 – 15 minutes
- 1 x 567g (large) tin of potatoes, in water
- 1 x 290g tin of peas, in water
- 1 x 300g tin of carrots, in water
- 1 x 325g tin of sweetcorn, in water
- 125g pack of sliced cooked turkey / chicken / ham
- Reduced-salt gravy granules
- 4 tablespoons of cranberry sauce (optional)
- Open and thoroughly rinse the tinned potatoes before dividing between 4 microwavable plates. Repeat this for all the tinned vegetables.
- Divide the cooked meat between the 4 plates. Heat each plate up in the microwave for 2 to 3 minutes on full power. If they’re not warm enough cook in 1-minute intervals until they are.
- While the vegetables and cooked meat are heating up, make up the instant gravy according to the packet instructions.
- Once all the food is piping hot, pour over the gravy and add a tablespoon of cranberry sauce to each plate (optional), then serve.
If you have access to a cooker, all tinned vegetables can be heated up on the hob as per the instructions on the tin.
Also in this section