Christmas Fruit Cake
Total Time: 4 1/2 hours
- 450g of mixed fruit
- 110g of dates
- 110g of dried apricots
- 275ml of water
- 150ml of orange juice
- 150g of self raising wholemeal flour
- 50g of ground almonds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons of mixed spice
- Soak the fruit in the water and orange juice for at least 3 hours (this can be left overnight). Drain any leftover liquid.
- Heat the oven to 180°C / 160°C fan / Gas Mark 4
- Add the flour, mixed spice and ground almonds (if using) to the fruit. Mix everything together.
- Pour the mixture into a lined or greased loaf tin or pudding basin / bowl. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Cover with foil for the last ½ hour.
- Allow to cool before cutting into slices.
Also in this section