Mushroom and Chestnut Soup
Total Time: 45 minutes
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of dried thyme
- 400g chestnut mushrooms, trimmed and sliced
- 900ml of reduced salt vegetable stock, made with 1 stock cube
- 100g cooked whole chestnuts
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan and add the onion, garlic and thyme. Stir fry for 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and cook on a high heat for about 5 minutes until they have wilted. Add the vegetable stock and chestnuts and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Put the soup in a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into into the pan and stir through and warm.
- Serve with a wholemeal bread roll for extra fibre.
Also in this section